Saturday, May 14, 2011

Leaving on a Jet Plane

I'm sitting in the airport awaiting my flight to a mystery destination. Well, it's not so much a mystery to me, or anyone really close to me. Any guesses?

After the semester ended Baba Sanfour and I made the trek up to Georgia to visit my family and spend mother's day with my mom. While we were there, Baba Sanfour attempted to start the dryer while I was out with a friend. I neglected to tell him, however, that the knob to start the dryer has a bit of a trick to it, as it broke a couple years back.

*ring ring ring* my phone sang to me, pleading for an answer.

"Hello?"

"Honey, The dryer is not working. Did I break it?"

"Oh, no. I forgot to tell you that it's broken. Just push it in and turn it to the right. You might have to twist it a few times. There's kind of a trick to it"

"I don't understand. Why didn't you tell me it's broken? Did I break it? I'm confused!"

"No, no. It's alright. Go ask Lucas (little brother) to help you. Im sure he knows how to do it."

"OK, bye."

*Ring Ring Ring*

"Hello?"

"It's broken! It's broken!"

"Don't worry about it, Honey. I will start it when I get home. Did you ask Lucas?"

"Yes, he doesn't know. The thing went inside the dryer. It's broken!"

"Ok, I'll look at it when I get home."

"I broke it, You're mom's gonna be mad at me!"

"No, she won't. I promise. I will call you when I'm on my way home."

"Ok, I love you."

*Ring Ring Ring*

"Hello?"

"Are you on your way home? When are you coming home? You have to fix it."

"Just try and twist the thing."

"No, no, it's broken. I need to call someone to fix it before your mom gets home!"

"Honey, it's okay. Just don't worry about it. We will hang the clothes to dry them when I get home."

"You have to come fix it."

"Alright, I will be back soon."

"Okay, see you then. Bye."

*Ring Ring Ring*

"Hello?"

"You have to come home. We have to fix it."

"Alright, alright, I'm coming"

"Thanks, bye. Love you."

"Love you too."

I got home to find an array of screw drivers and and other tools atop the decapitated robot that was the dryer, along with a husband distraught by the broken pieces of the machine. Lesson learned. Maybe we're not ready for our own house yet. We are way too comfortable with the maintenance staff at our apartment complex.

No comments:

Post a Comment