Sunday, January 9, 2011

Pumpkins and Snowmen




I love living in Florida because of the weather. Although the last two winters have been rather cold, I can still appreciate the more tropical climate. However, I do sometimes miss the seasons that Atlanta provided, especially fall. A few months ago I was pining for a trip to the pumpkin patch and a pumpkin to sit in my living room and remind me of fall. One night as Baba Sanfour and I were at home together I looked up at the clock and exclaimed, "It's 11:11, make a wish!"

Baba Sanfour popped his head out from the other room and smiled, "I wish for pumpkins."

"Oh, me too," I sighed, "Can we go to the pumpkin patch?"

"You want to go to the pumpkin patch?"

I pouted in hopes of a promise to the pumpkin patch when all of a sudden he declared "Look, our wish came true!" as he walked into the living room holding three little pumpkins. My eyes lit up and my jaw dropped.

This was truly one of the sweetest things that Baba Sanfour has ever done for me. It was simple, but really meant that he had been listening to me. And whenever I get frustrated or upset, I just think about the pumpkins and it makes everything better. With these three little pumpkins bringing so much joy into my life for the fall, I decided to turn them into a wintery centerpiece yesterday.

And thus, my pumpkins transformed into...drumroll please...a snowman! and with all the wintery weather in my home state of Georgia lately, he seems very appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment